Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thing 9 - Taking and Editing Photos

I downloaded CamMe and ColorSplurge. Here's a collage of some of the silly photos I've taken or edited with these two apps. 
I thought it was fun to use these apps for my personal use, but I definitely see value in using them at the library. My first thought was to use CamMe during children's programming. Kids love taking pictures. I can see myself setting up the iPad and using the CamMe app to have the kids take photos of themselves with their finished projects or favorite books and then uploading them to Facebook and our website. With CamMe, they can take the pictures by themselves and I can focus my attention on the kids who are waiting their turn! I'll do anything to make a 1-librarian library more efficient!

I think ColorSplurge would be useful for some of our displays that we put on Facebook. An area library has a "spotlight" shelf and they feature a book. We could take this online by photographing several readalike books and then "spotlighting" one or more by putting color with it. This would be a good project for teen volunteers. 

My favorite photo apps are PicStitch (which I used to make the collage above) and Instagram. I use them nearly every day! Very easy to use and free. There are some in-app purchases you can make in PicStitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment