Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thing 7 - Content Saving & Sharing

I have used Pinterest since it was in beta form. I'm not sure how I was lucky enough to get one of the first opportunities to use it, but I was! I've used it to plan wedding showers, create reading lists for friends and library patrons, plan summer reading programs, young adult displays, and most recently, I've added a board for baby/nursery ideas. 

One thing I've noticed as more and more people have been using Pinterest is the fact that where many pins used to be DIY, now they link to a store or are so complicated that there's now way it can be DIY. Oh, and I'm annoyed by the stickers with incorrect quotations that show up all the time. I know some people browse Pinterest about as often as Facebook, but I'm not one of those people anymore. I use it when I have a specific project (planning a program, looking for kid friendly recipes, decorating a nursery) to work on and I use it primarily on my computer, but I do use it on my phone when I'm showing someone a pin or board I've saved and they're sitting next to me. 

I will say the iRead Pinterest board has some really great ideas!!
Other great people to follow are Dianne Pinney from Le Sueur Public Library and Stacy Lienemann from the Waseca-Le Sueur Regional Library System.

No comments:

Post a Comment