Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thing 8 - Social Media Management Tools

I regularly use Hootsuite, Twitter and Facebook. I would say I use Facebook more for personal use (with the exception of a couple of pages and groups that I manage) and I use Twitter and Hootsuite for professional use. 

I manage a Facebook Page for the library where I am the director. I update the cover photo and make events and schedule (using Hootsuite) posts to happen at least once a day but usually twice a day. I read an article once about what time of the day people most frequently check their Facebook newsfeed, so I always schedule my posts around those times (11am-1pm and 7-9pm). I know you can schedule posts in Facebook now but I still use Hootsuite because that's what I used before that feature was included in Facebook. I also have my Hootsuite page connected to the library's Twitter account so by updating once, it goes to multiple accounts. So efficient!! 

I also use Hootsuite when I'm at conferences or events where there's a #convo happening at the same time as presentations and sessions. It is easier for me to keep track of the conversations and what's happening than if I use the regular Twitter app.

I also have a "thread" on Hootsuite so I can follow #libchat. I haven't participated in several months due to a change in my schedule, but I have it set up so I see the Libchat convo and my Twitter mentions all at the same time. 

Here are a couple of my screenshots for my use of Hootsuite with my library's Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment