Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing 6 - Creating & Editing Docs

I downloaded CloudOn and QuickOffice for my iPhone. I use GoogleDrive every day and have been able to do some minimal editing in my docs from GoogleDrive through my browser (and more recently through the Google Search app - see Thing 3). I was intrigued about CloudOn because it supposedly has your docs looking like you're on the computer. My iPhone clearly has too small of a screen for this to be useful for me, but I would expect this to be more efficient and useful using a tablet.

My screen is too small!!

This is in CloudOn - I like all the different ways my docs can be sorted. Other good parts of CloudOn: 
  • Ability to INDENT! I miss the "tab" button on my phone :)
  • Changing fonts and font sizes easily
  • formulas in Excel actually work!
I already store my circ stats in my GoogleDrive, so I can definitely see myself at a meeting and sorting and resorting the stats from my phone to help me answer questions in real-time to the city council.

I also downloaded QuickOffice, but was discouraged immediately because it wouldn't let me edit within the app. I had to download the GoogleDrive app if I wanted to edit documents. I could view them as a pdf, but I couldn't edit them. And from what I can see, the GoogleDrive app allows minimal editing like when I use it in the browser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment