Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Thing 5 - Notetaking

I downloaded SpringPad, Remember the Milk, and Dragon dictation. I have been using Remember the Milk and SpringPad, but I feel uncomfortable talking out loud to my phone, so I haven't use Dragon dictation. Then I realized, I'm, I am, um, the point of a phone is to talk into it to communicate with somebody so why not use it to communicate with myself, right? So I have dictated this entire paragraph using Dragon dictation and frankly I'm very impressed! woo hoo! I will explore Dragon dictation more and then update this post.

Remember the Milk
I am one of those people who has pockets filled with scraps of paper with "to-do" lists written on them. I have to-read lists, grocery lists, to-watch lists, to-get-at-target lists, to-tell-my-husband lists, to-do-for-summer-reading lists. I'm a list person. One of my high school teachers actually told me I have a "paper brain" because I write everything down. My favorite part of having a "paper brain" is the moment when I finish something and am able to whip one of my lists and CROSS OFF THE COMPLETED TASK! The RTM app lets me mark items "completed" and that is my favorite feature! I do feel like the actual entry of the task is kind of clunky, but I have been using this app for the past two weeks. I have made a couple of grocery lists on it and also a list for things I needed to do before my son's baptism. I think I would use this more in my personal life than in my professional life because my professional lists often have lots of footnotes or sublists and I don't think that's easy to do with this app.

SpringPad
What a cool app! I love the ability to keep different types of content in one notebook - links, photos, text, videos, etc. I will say that I did go on the website to see the features there - after exploring and loving the app. I hope that isn't cheating - I see it more as going "above and beyond"! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am working on collecting readalikes, fan pages, book trailers, etc to share with the teens at the Battle of the Books competition in August. I made a notebook for the Battle authors and started putting ideas in it and I'm almost ready to "share" them with my colleagues. One of my questions about SpringPad is in regards to sharing. Do the people I share the notebook with have to have an account or can they click on a link and see the information? I guess I'll find out soon and update this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment